- Developing positive relationships
- Encouraging behaviours you like
- Teaching new skills and behaviours
- Dealing with teenagers’ emotions
- Understanding and managing problem behaviour
- Dealing with risky behaviour
- Taking care of yourself as a parent
We do a range of activities in the group, including: watching video clips, discussing experiences and concerns, sharing ideas, completing exercises, practising skills, and home tasks.
Check our calendar for the next group dates.
Quotes from parents that completed the First Steps’ Triple P Parenting Group for Parents of Teens:
I wasn’t sure at first then after the first session I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to find such a support. This has helped me and my son so much. Thank you.
I found the group very useful in learning about different approaches both in theory from the book and leaders but also in practice from other group members – thank you all very much.
I feel a new strength in me and more confident and I am not alone as I was before struggling….both (facilitators) are with me and my new friends the parents. Thank you for that precious time I am grateful.