- Children 0-19 with a G.P. in Hackney & the City of London
- Emotional/behavioural mental health and disability needs
- The disability assessed as moderate to profound defined by attendance at Special School, EHC Plan, functional or cognitive assessment
- Disability is permanent and enduring, requiring a multi-disciplinary specialist approach (MDT) to treatment
- In the case of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), there is also a primary moderate to profound learning disability present
- Under the medical/therapy teams (MDT) at Hackney Ark
- Higher functioning children or young people with ASD over age 5 (without primary learning difficulties) for assessment under the SCAC (live tab) or for support and advice from the ASD Assistant Psychologist
- Children with typical development, or Mild Learning Disabilities
- Tier 3 mental health interventions for higher functioning Children with ASD over age 5 (without primary learning difficulties)
- Children living within abuse or who are not in a safe, stable environment
Who can refer and waiting times
Any professional who knows the child, young person and family.
Parents can contact CAMHS Disability to ask for support on 0207 014 7071.
Parents known to CAMHS Disability can self-refer on 0207 014 7071 .
We aim to see all families within 5 weeks of receiving the referral.
Consent from parents/carers must be given.
Referrals for group work will be offered a place when the next available group is running.
Helpful information to consider and share when making a referral to help us in understanding why a child or young person is:
- Behaving in a particular way
- Having difficulties learning
- Finding it hard to play and join in
- Having difficulties with communication and interaction
- Finding skills learning hard e.g. sleep, toilet training, feeding